Saturday, October 3, 2009

Poem

For Friends of the Handicapped
Blessed are you who take the time
To listen to difficult speech
For you help me know that if I persevere
I can be understood

Blesses are you who never bid me to "hurry up"
Or take my tasks from me
And do them for me
For I often need time rather than help

Blessed are you who stand beside me
As I enter new and untried ventures
For my failures will be outweighed
By the times I surprise myself and you
For my greatest need is to be needed

Blessed are you who understand
That it is difficult for me
To put my thoughts into words

Blessed are you who with a smile
Encourage me to try once more
Blessed are you who never remind me
That today I asked the same question twice

Blessed are you who respect me
And love me just the way I am

*Taken from a friend*